Monday, January 18, 2010

Exhaustion.

48 hours of being, 6 hours of sleep. My dearest, darlingest baby kitten, Arlie Faye, has leukemia and will probably either die on her own or have to be put down in the next week or so. For those of you who know me, I'm a bleeding heart when it comes to animals. This is ripping me apart. In addition, I've managed to pull or strain some muscle in my leg (again) and dance is not pleasant right now. Which sucks, seeing as its competition season. The guy I'm crazy for is avoiding me at the moment, as he will continue to do, perhaps indefinitely. Which also sucks. And spiritually, I'm...bone dry. I feel as though I've completely lost touch with my Daddy God, and I'm doubting everything I believe. Talk about spiritual warfare. Needless to say, its been a rough week. Its Monday, but I didn't have school today. So tomorrow is (essentially) Monday. And we all know how awful Mondays can be. I'm tired, stressed, worrie sick, and downright frustrated with life. But. God is good. No matter how much I'm struggling with my faith right now, I HAVE to believe that.

There is a verse in Matthew that my English teacher shared with my class. She shared it in the Message version, and it really encouraged me and gave me so much peace. Here it is in both the NIV and the Message forms:

NIV:
28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

MESSAGE:
28-30"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."


Wow. That first part (tired, worn out, burned out) is exactly what I'm feeling right now. I love how God knows me. Every time I have one of my little burn out/panic/frustration/anxiety attacks, He just reminds me of this verse. His burden is light. He doesn't want to load me up with more than I can handle, he wants to show me how to truly live. Such a relief. There's also a song by Tenth Avenue North (definitely one of my favorite bands, btw) that I love called Love is Here. Its so beautiful, and, in my opinion, corresponds really well with this verse. I hope these lyrics are as encouraging to you as they are to me!

Love is Here -- Tenth Avenue North

Come to the waters, you who thirst and you'll thirst no more.
Come to the father, you who work and you'll work no more.
And all you who labor in vain and to the broken and shamed:

Love is here.
Love is now.
Love is pouring from
His hands, from his brows.
Love is near, it satisfies.
Streams of mercy flowing from his side.
Cuz love is here.

Come to the treasure, you who search and you'll search no more.
Come to the lover you who want and you'll want no more, no.
And all you who labor in vain and to the broken and shamed,Yeah:

Love is here.
Love is now.
Love is pouring from his hands, from his brows.
Love is near, it satisfies.
Streams of mercy flowing from his side.
Yeah

And to the bruised and fallen,
Captives, bound, and broken hearted.
He is the lord
He is the lord,
Yeah
By his stripes he's paid our ransom
From his wounds we drink salvation
He is the lord
He is the lord

Love is here.
Love is now.
Love is pouring from his hands, from his brows.
Love is near,
It satisfies.
Streams of mercy flowing from his side.

Love is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment